Thursday, July 30, 2009

A LESSON ON CHICKENS

I am not a fan of physicians, okay I said it. God knows I have seen my fair share and I am truly grateful for their care and knowledge, but it's something about their bedside manner that just doesn't sit well with me. That being said, I had a followup appointment with my Primary Care doctor yesterday. She jumped right into the subject of the big "M" as in "menopause" and being an "empty nester." I guess she feels the two go hand in hand. Oh, I say I'm not an empty nester, I have ten "chooks" residing with me. Chooks, what are chooks she asks. Hen's I say. What do you do with all the eggs? Oh, no eggs as of yet, my girl's are still to young. Isn't having a rooster rather noisy, no rooster I say, just girls. No rooster, how do you get eggs? Did I just hear that correctly. Well lookie here, I am going to teach the good doctor something today. I explained no rooster was involved in egg production however, if you desired chicks the process of rooster fertilization,with the end result being a chick. The look on her face, priceless! The look on mine, pure satisfaction! I informed her on my next visit I would bring her a dozen eggs. I'm no fool, I do need to remain in good standing with my doctor. I can't wait to see the look on her face when she opens the carton and sees the range of egg colors. I just hope Pip and Pearl come through for me!

8 comments:

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

omg, are you sure you want her as your doc? wow, is all i can say...

Eve said...

It's just like when I was working with teachers and some of them learned from me everyday!! We have our area of expertise don't we!!!
I can't wait to find out your Dr likes colored eggs, especially not on Easter!

JC said...

Good for you ...

Dr's ... I've been to nice & not ... I don't go unless it's an emergency ...

DayPhoto said...

YOU MADE ME LAUGH!!!! I am shocked the good Dr. didn't understand, but then maybe it isn't in the text book!
HA

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Jenny said...

That is a tad worrying in a doctor I have to say. Just a thoughtless remark I hope? (-: Gave me a laugh today though, thanks Julie!

Dog Trot Farm said...

Jenny, she was very convincing. Many times I have considered changing doc's. However, when you have a ten year history with one physician, it is a tough decision to leave and break in a new doctor. Then there is the issue of dealing with insurance companies. Very frustrating.

Leslie said...

That story is so funny! I would love to have been there to see her face. She will get another lesson when she sees those eggs.

Rural Rambler said...

Laughing, laughing and more laughing....

Pip and Pearl won't disappoint!