Wednesday, September 28, 2011

AUTUMN'S GIFT

I am not the least bit sad to see summer fade...I welcome all that Autumn has to offer... with it's brilliant shades of color and crisp cool air it makes me come alive...feel energized...ready to tackle the last few chores on summer "to do" list... I begin my day with Jack...holder of morning cereal...

one can never have enough Jack-O-Lanterns...

they find their way to Dog Trot Farm in all shapes and sizes...large..small..happy..spooky.. none are ever turned away...


along with black glittered owls...and owls with soft downy feathers... witches boots that jingle in the dead of night... blackbirds...crows...ravens...all find a home here... the harvesting of squash and pumpkins is in full swing...there are many shapes and sizes to choose from... and the colors..from pale to vibrant...I'll take one of each please!!! I hope you too are taking advantage of these brilliant Fall days...whether it be stuffing a scarecrow... heading to an apple orchard... a pumpkin field... seize the day...you won't regret it~

14 comments:

Pamela@ The Sampler Makers Farmhouse said...

love the witch boots!

Pondside said...

I love the colours of fall too - in fact it's my favorite season. Those witch's boots are great!

Julia said...

I love your fall decorations, fall weather and the glorious colors. What a feast for the eyes. My pumpkin is now ready for harvest. The smaller one will have to wait a bit.

I love the witch's boots too. JB

annie said...

The pictures are just lovely! I love all things Autumn!

Farm Girl said...

As always you make my day. I always enjoy looking at all of your goodies that you put out in the fall. Your pumpkins are so nice.
I still love those witch boots.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Your breakfast cereal bowl is sweet. I love all fall decorations too. Yours are exceptionally festive. Going to the local farms for apples and pumpkins is the highlight of the season for me. I can't wait to light a fire in the fireplace.

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Well, I would be happy if summer got stuck in a 6 month loop! LOL!!! I love that season! While I enjoy Autumn and all the decorating it's that nasty 4-letter word that follows Autumn that I hate. The stuff you have to plow, and shovel . . . I love your decorations! Especially the crows!

Oh, that stencil is stunning! Did you do that? I'd love to see more of it . . . I know, I'm being nosey! LOL!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Mary

A New England Life said...

I haven't been able to grasp that it's fall but I'm sure I will with the colder temperatures headed our way! I really need to pick up some pumpkins and mums.

Terry and Linda said...

I was waiting for your Fall decorations post....LOVELY! Thank you for sharing. Fall is just so perfect a nice break before ....the w word.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Kalyan said...

Simply beautifully captured shots...lovely!

Rowan said...

This is my favourite time of the year filled with all my favourite colours. I love the photos of the squahes and pumpkins.

Debi said...

I'm feelin a little witchy!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Beautiful pictures, as always!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Flat Creek Farm said...

I'm catching up.. can ya tell? ;) I always enjoy your Fall posts so much, Julie. You have the best-est decor! I'll take some owls, please! -Tammy