Friday, March 2, 2012

~SPRING FEVER~

It's Spring fever. That is the name of it.
And when you've got it, you want it-Oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so...~Mark Twain~The SPRING banner came from Target...I'm ready for Spring...I'm ready to swap my apron strings for gardening boots, winter mittens, and my handy snow shovel for garden gloves and seed packets. The seed and bulb catalogs, which I have yet to peruse, will be dusted off. Tomorrow's weather forecast, snow, sleet and rain, the perfect opportunity to "cozy up" and let my mind wander....and when poultry order forms can be found at the local feed store, you hope Spring is around the corner... Below are a couple of my most recent "favorite finds," first the book "Unlikely Friendships". This book offers examples of unlikely animal friendships. A leopard and a cow, elephant and a sheep, house cat and an iguana. As this book states "each story reveals the power of friendship and to some degree, the many forms of love." This is a "feel good" book with lots of heartwarming photos. If you are a lover of animals, you will certainly enjoy this book.Last, but certainly not least, a productive trip to Goodwill. Today I unearthed a pair of brand new DKNY jeans, the $48.00 price tag still on... also...a slightly worn pair of Eddie Bauer jeans, broken in nicely...both $7.99 but the best part...a size TEN...Have a good weekend everyone...Spring dreams to all...

17 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Congrats on your continued weight loss! You will be one gorgeous gardener!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Size 10!!! Good for you. I hope I see that size again some day, or not... Yup, I'm ready for spring too. I see our hardware is getting their baby chicks in next week. I can't wait to take our little Lucy to see them. Enjoy a snuggly day, Dawn

Cathy G. said...

I love your Spring banner! So cheerful and hopeful!!
Next week I'll send you some warmer weather..... they are predicting near 50 and sunny by midweek here! To a northern WI girl that sounds like summer!! LOL!
Good buy on those jeans.... I can finally fit into a 10 now too..... it's been a long time a comin'!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I've so fallen off the WW wagon of late! Work is stress central and I'm too whacked out to eat healthy. I love the thrift store finds! I'm ready for spring...too bad there's many inches of snow on the ground currently...sigh!
Hugs,
Courtney

Farm Girl said...

I love my Eddie Bauer Jeans. :) My favorite brand.
I will be spring soon I just know it.
Stay warm.

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

What bargains!! You got out and went shopping with all that snow??

We had hail during the night, it some places it was so thick the county used the road grader to clean the blacktops!

Have a great weekend!

Pondside said...

Woo Hoo!! Good for you! I'm on the same trajectory and today had more good news when I stepped on the scale.

Anonymous said...

hang on to those 12 jeans someone you know might be able to wear them, ahem!

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

Enjoy your weekend Julie! We have Spring here,scary storms and all!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Love the banner! Yay on the sz. 10!!! You go girl!!! I can't wait for Spring either . . . this storm did not make me happy - at all!

Have a great weekend!

Mary

Janice said...

Size 10! Congratulations to you.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Good for you!

acorn hollow said...

we got quite a bit of snow and then rain. I am looking for spring also. I can't wait to make the raised bed for my veggie garden.
Cathy

Julia said...

Hi Julie, with that sweet little Spring banner hanging , spring is sure to arrive shortly.

The weather has been quite unsettled here too. It's thawing out today and there are crazy people with death wish driving on the river. I don't think that it's safe at this time.

I love all your thrift finds and congratulations on fitting in a brand new pair of size 10 jeans. Hugs, JB

annie said...

I love that banner, and the perky valances! The book, sounds just terrific! Boy Howdy, great buys on the jeans, so happy for you! 10!

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL!

Linda
http:coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Rowan said...

Great finds at Goodwill! And isn't it great when you finally get into a smaller size:)