Saturday, January 19, 2013

FEVER INDUCED MORNING RAMBLE~

This second week of January arrives with it's highs and lows...
Monday the thermometer reached sixty degrees...Wednesday,we here in Maine were once again  covered in downy white...Thursday the temperature dipped into the single digits...it is Winter in Maine...and with winter comes the dreaded cold and flu season...I  type this post from the confines of my warm cozy bed...the flu has found me...my body aches from the top of my head to the tips of my toes...If you are wondering...yes, I did receive the flu vaccine months ago and have been diligently washing my hands...but, I guess when your number's up...it's up...
Being confined to one's bed may be good for the body, but for the mind I am not so certain...my mind tends to wander "helter skelter"...to the forefront comes all the indoor household projects I would like to get accomplished...it's the mundane items on my list which make me toss and turn...a kitchen ceiling to be painted...carpets to be shampooed... I succumb to a low grade fever and my thoughts travel to what it might be like to live in a large metropolitan city...with a fast paced life filled with shopping and dinners out...or perhaps living on the West Coast... dipping my toes into the Pacific Ocean...where the weather remains warm and dreamy year round...to reside in a villa in Tuscany where sunflowers encompass the ancient stone homestead...or to sit in a Parisian cafe  enjoying an afternoon aperitif...As the Tylenol kicks in I return to my reality...I dream of  gardening...most especially my  flower gardens...and the arrival of new chicks...
the return of  happy Daisy faces...
and birdsong...
and butterflies...these are the things that make me the most happiest...
and this eight month old...three and a half toothed...twenty-one pound... knee rocking... bundle of joy...
oh how I want to get up and vacuum...but alas... must close my eyes...stay well my friends...

27 comments:

StephenC said...

What's that old saying? "The grass is always greener ..." I know exactly how you feel. The little one is adorable - but you know that already.

Kim said...

Aww, feel better soon. Travis needs his Grandma. So far the flu hasn't visited my house (but its just a matter of time I fear)

Pondside said...

Sending you lovely wafts of cedar-scented breezes from this Pacific Island.
I hope the flu succumbs to your sensible staying in bed, and leaves as thoroughly as it seems to have taken hold. All that spring loveliness awaits, not to speak of a darling little one who will be good company on your garden rounds.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

oh no...hope you are well soon!!!

Earlene said...

Being sick sure does tie you down.
Get well soon and keep dreaming.

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

Julie I had something flu-like mid December, I finally just got rid of it this week. Ick. I thought my head was going to explode and my nose ran like a faucet and then turned to a.. better stop. Just take it easy and wait it out. I just got a flu shot. Reluctantly but my Dr. wasn't going to let me out the door without it.. :)
CH and I entertain those same thoughts from BIG CITY to Tuscany but then the thought of moving seems overwhelming. Hot steaming chicken noodle soup!

Primitive Stars said...

Oh no Julie, that is terrible.....that flu is sure making the rounds.....so far has not found me yet, but a cold did.......Beautiful flowers, brighted my day, cold and windy here.......Travis takes such wonderful pictures, he is a little charmer......Well wishes from Canada, Francine.

Farm Girl said...

well when I am wanting to get up and vacuum while I have been sick and making my to do lists for when I am well means I am on the mend. :) I do hope you get better soon. I am thinking that is what is wrong with me today, I know this flu things starts with a migraine and mine is starting to get out of control.
I love your flowers and your little boy is so wonderful and always does make me feel better.
Just rest.
It is pretty today but too cold to stick your feet in the Pacific Ocean. :)

Gail said...

Heal quickly.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh, Julie ~
I hope you feel better soon!!!
Love the pic of Travis. What a cutie patootie!
Hugs :)
Lauren

annie said...

ah Julie, hope you're on the mend, and very quickly indeed! bless you!

Ginny said...

Please feel better soon.

acorn hollow said...

feel better soon! Husand had the flu last week but is feeling better. He too had the flu shot I do think tamaflu helped. we are headed into another cold snap so throw another log on the fire.
Cathy

Holly Hills Primitives said...

So sorry you got the darn flu, isn't it miserable? Instead of worrying about chores not finished, try letting your body rest and be glad you are able! Thinking of you in Michigan!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hope you are on the mend soon! Such a sweet, sweet baby boy...always enjoy seeing his face!
Robyn

Peacemom said...

I hope you feel better soon, Julie! That flu is no fun, and nothing to mess around with, so please rest up and get well. Loved the little drooling Travis. I remember those days with my own, fronts of the shirts always soaked...he's a cutie for sure! Be well...~Vonnie

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Hi Julie. I think Dog trot farm is much better than a Metropitan city. I cannot even stand to drive through a city. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Janet

Anonymous said...

you always brighten up my day with your descriptive stories and especially seeing pictures of that little bundle of joy Travis Lloyd. Hope today will find you feeling a little better, just hang in there spring will be here soon, days are getting longer.

Janice said...

Get well! The projects can wait.

Genny said...

Julie, I'm so sorry to hear that you're ill. The flu is rampant this year, so many people sick with it. I've had my flu shot and so far have been lucky to escape with not even a sniffle. Your photos are lovely, and your grandson is so beautiful! I've been away for a while but look forward to catching up with all my blogger friends. Wishing you and yours the best in this new year.

MTWaggin said...

Awww get better! Rest my dear REST!

~ Janis said...

It took 9 days for the flu to leave my body. Now I have a cough if I speak more than 6 words. Hope you recover easier. Tea with lots of honey helps and bean and chicken soups. Keep the fluids going so you do not become dehydrated from the fevers. ~Janis

Prims By The Water said...

I hope you feel better real soon. I had the dreaded flu Christmas Day...not fun...but even though I dislike the cold...going to be in the teens here this week...I love living here in our neck of the woods..away from city life. I use to drive to he city for work and am no longer use to that tail gaiting way of driving anymore...no sir, the country life for me. Take care, janice

Debby said...

Rest and feel better soon. Having the flu shot may have helped you anyway. You got to get better to see that cuti grandson.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Another person down for the count with this dreadful flu. So many people have succumbed to this horrible strain. I wonder why we all bothered getting a flu shot. Feel better soon!

jennifer768 said...

Feel better soon!Hugs,Jen

Eve said...

How about living on top a mountain where spring starts in February, and where the flu has yet to reach me in four years! ( even without the shot!) I hope you are feeling better cuz!!! I'm dreaming of your beautiful gardens too!