Sunday, November 6, 2016

~PINTEREST INSPIRATION~

Pinterest...the online visual tool where one can browse, discover and bookmark creative ideas from a worldwide catalog...I find Pinterest a wonderful distraction from the real world (Clinton/ Trump)...it's a place where your mind can freely roam... in any direction...a happy place...locating interests unique to you...so... with a little help from the mister (okay...a lot of help from the mister)... two of my pinned projects have come to fruition...first up...a primitive fireplace insert, constructed for our little electric wood stove...the insert itself is not completely finished it still needs to be "scruffed"  up... given a couple coats of  wax and square nails to hang "things" Christmas stockings, herbs, gourds, etc... I am so pleased with the way it turned out... it's  just as I had hoped...
Second...a potting closet...Mr. Dogtrot built this for me while I was at the island this summer...it fits perfectly between two windows on the north side (back) of the house...it is home to chicken supplies, garden tools, Mantis tiller, wheelbarrow and other odds and ends...would you like to know what  the best part is?... I don't have to share...it's all MINE...no toys, no man tools...
Come Tuesday, please don't forget to vote!!!

10 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

I simply love both of your latest Pinterest inspired ideas. I have saved a few to use for Christmas decorating myself. Janice

Farm Girl said...

How nice Julie! I am sure you will enjoy and use both of them. What good ideas!

Jacque. said...

oh, how I love Pinterest. Too much goodness at times, though. If ya know what I mean. One can only do so much. Right? Cute and worthy projects you have going there with the potting shed and the fireplace insert. Keep up the good work!! xo

Rugs and Pugs said...

Wonderful projects. Hubby is quite handy. How sweet he built the potting closet and you don't have to share :)
This Tuesday is the most important election ever. Yes, I hope everyone does exercise their right to vote.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Earlene said...

I remember these and always love looking at them.
I will be glad when voting is done too. Feeling the anxiety of it.
Have a wonderful day, I am off later to take some items to my booth.

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Love your pictures. Happy November to you :)

Primitive Stars said...

Afternoon sweet friend, I love the red fireplace, looks so cozy. I am aditicted to Pinterest, on there everyday... I also adore your potting closet, Mr.Dogtrot. Did very good.Big Hugs Francine.

Michelle said...

I love both of these projects. My space is always invaded by man tools!!

Eve said...

Wish I was there to enjoy your new additions!

Unknown said...

Both of these are perfect! Thanks for sharing.