Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A WALK WITH WINSLOW

The sun came out this afternoon so I chucked my rainy day project (I mean placed it aside) put my mud boots on and headed out the door, Winslow Homer was okay with this idea.
Yup, we encountered a flock of turkey's which Winslow promptly put in the tree tops. I don't know who was startled more us or the turkeys.
As we came upon our pond a pretty fox scampered past. Winslow spun into action and was hot on it's trail. This is a very intuitive fox, for you see since beginning our chicken coop he/she has been showing up daily checking out the new "digs" being built in the backyard. Upon returning to the door yard I noticed hawks flying overhead. Now this isn't anything new, but now that I have dainty banty's coming to reside, I'd rather they would fly somewhere else. Winslow is going to be placed on guard duty, maybe even bunking in with the girls. Winslow come back here leave that fox alone. Till next time!



6 comments:

Eve said...

Great post Julie! Beautiful pictures! Didn't you order your flack jackets for you chickens yet???
What's growin in the woods??? Looks like hostas but I know they arent.

Cedar ... said...

What a nice area for a walk. I don't remember when I saw a fox last. They are so pretty. How are you going to fashion your chicken's run? Or are you going to let them free range? I guess the hawks would give me the heebie jeebies on behalf of the chickens too! Good luck!

missthesea said...

This is so pretty!

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

just found your blog and OMG literally came out of my mouth when i saw the photo of your home! i miss new england so much and your home epitomizes that whole 'look'...you are like me with your photos and love of nature. thanks for sharing!

DayPhoto said...

Beautiful!

I pen up the chickens at night, I have lost too many to critters. I hope you enjoy your danity hens!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Dog Trot Farm said...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, hope you all are out in the garden enjoying the day! Thats where you will find Winslow and I.