Wednesday, September 23, 2009

MORNING RAMBLE

Have you ever noticed how some of your most interesting thought's come to you in the middle of the night? I've read to keep pen and paper by the bedside so you can jot these thoughts down. Great idea, however, if you are of a certain age like me, you can never locate your glasses. I have told my husband on my gravestone I want the inscription to read "honey have you seen my glasses". Have you noticed when you get to this certain age words of wisdom from elder family members start to come true. For instance, "the older you become the faster time flies". True. How about that face you see in the morning, "mirror mirror on the wall I am my mother after all". True, and not always a negitive thing. You require less sleep as you age. True. It's really your body begining to dysfunction, it can now go from hot to cold in thirty seconds. It's no wonder we can't sleep. Liver spots, what exactly is a liver spot?I say sun spots. I have earned them from working thirty years bare handed in the garden. I enjoy the feel of dirt between my finger's. How about this, you look over at your husband and think to yourself, who is this person I married! Oh right, I have been married thirty-one years. The white in my hair, the wrinkles that now appear on my face and body I wear as an earned rite of passage. Aging is not for the faint of heart. I rise every morning take my fish oil, turn Imus on the radio and be very grateful I have lived to see another day!

6 comments:

Rural Rambler said...

YES Julie, I hear ya! I love this post this morning. I came over to comment on the Fall post last night but I couldn't get it done cause I was too tired and couldn't FIND MY GLASSES. That is too funny, CH hears that all the time-"I've put my glasses somewhere again" and like the good husband he is he goes and looks because if I don't have my glasses on I can't SEE them to FIND them!

Oh and about "time flying", it is really scary sometimes. I really want it to slow down a little please. And oh yes I am thankful every morning for another day to step outside and take in the sights, smells and sounds of my little bit of country.

Enjoy your day Julie! Oh and I refuse to hang my glasses around my neck! Thank Heavens for contacts!

Eve said...

Oh Julie don't remind me! I can only hope to look as good as you in a couple years when I catch up!

Oh..yeah...you don't want to put your bare hands in the dirt down here!!

Jenny wren's nest said...

SO true, I am finding out some of these things for myself. I think fish oil is gross. I have refliex and get to tast it all day.
Jenny

Dog Trot Farm said...

Unfortunately I cannot wear contacts. Jenny Wren Omega fish oil has no fishy taste or the fishy burps you can get with some fish oil. I too have reflux, this fish oil is get for those of us that have the acid reflux condition.

Birgit said...

I'm right there with ya! Liver spots?!? I've never heard them called that before. I call them sun spots too and I have proudly earned mine on my face and hands working outside in the gardens as well. :)
Praise God for another day!
Hugs to you~ Birgit

DayPhoto said...

We've been married 42 years come December! Isn't life grand!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/