Tuesday, November 24, 2009

SORRY GLADYS

Some of my girl's are a little upset with me. Okay really upset with me. I had hoped they wouldn't notice, but I was mistaken. If you could have seen the way Gladys glared at me- nope, not at all happy. I tried to explain, "you just gotta get ya window boxes filled for the holiday season before the dirt freezes". Didn't cut it with her.
Gladys called Willa over to have a look.
and in disgust, they both left. Plain and simple.
A few fir boughs and pine cones were not going to stop Miss Pearl, no sirree....
This is one persistent gal. By the way, I think she makes a lovely adornment too!








10 comments:

Constance said...

Your girls have so much personality. Your window boxes are lovely and yes I think Miss Pearl is qute a beautiful adornment. Happy Thanks Giving

Gail said...

It looks like you posed her there. Can you entice her to stay through the holidays?

chook said...

your girls crack me up!

Rural Rambler said...

Julie, I am sorry but as cute as this entry is, the first thing I noticed is how dang pretty, shining and reflective clean your windows are!!! And if I had window boxes like yours all decorated holiday pretty I'd think a chicken or two would make a lovely adornment too! I mean seriously how cute is that Miss Pearl?!

Eve said...

Ha Ha Ha!!! I wonder if Miss Pearl's eggs will be pine scented!!!

Ginny said...

She makes the window box!! Wonder if she will stay for you?

edwina said...

Love your series of window box stories. These girls are determined!! Poor Gladys. She thought she had it all figured out and then--prickly stuff in my nest box, are you kiddding??!! Too funny!!

A New England Life said...

Those girls are giving you the look alright! You need to put a little hay in there for a small nest. I mean how can you deny such sweet and persistant ladies. Oh I just think this is the cutest thing!!!

Rural Rambler is right, you do have really clean windows!

Anonymous said...

I agree, Pearl looks great in the box. I think a chicken in each window box would be the perfect holiday adornment!

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

that is soo cute! i still have flowers in mine and hate to get them out though they are not blooming as much. pearl is so funny!