Tuesday, August 2, 2011

JUST ONE OF THOSE MORNINGS...

This is the path I take advantage of most days of the week for either walking or cycling...today I chose my bicycle...it is a bit of a hill and dale ride.... about ten miles round trip...and takes me about an hour to complete. The path is somewhat secluded, encompassing woods, farmland, and a river. This morning the sun was shining and the temperature hovered in the low eighties....lovely...but as I began traveling along I soon discovered how unpleasant this trip would soon become... the air was thick with humidity....I found myself stopping several times just to catch my breath.... something which I seldom do. Typically this is a most enjoyable ride...but not today....no sir-ee... as I looked about the sights in front of me....encouraging myself to continue on.... I came upon this... that was all I needed to see....it was an omen....a perfect excuse for me to turn around and head home...
tomorrow....I think I'll take the day off...

21 comments:

jennifer768 said...

Sorry that your ride did not go as planned.It looks like a lovely place to walk or cycle.The bike in the tree would have sent me home too. LOL !Have a great evening,Jen

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

OMG, that is too funny! This humidity has been rough!

Jacque. said...

ohmygosh...yes, I would have taken that as an omen, too! wow.

Ginny said...

You made the right choice. Have a great evening.

Larkrise garden girl said...

I hate humidity!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Too funny! I think you were wise to turn around.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

acorn hollow said...

I think the old lady that took toto this may have been what happened to her in that hurricane.
glad you turned around.
Cathy

Debi said...

Definitely a sign. Wonder what was up with that? Your brave biking in the heat anyway. Debi

Farm Girl said...

Haha, that is so funny!!! I hope the person was okay.

Eve said...

Yep that would scare me to death Julie! Worse than a scorpion!!! Glad I'm here with all my bugs. You can have the bike in the tree! I'm staying down here!!!

Tiff said...

THank you for the laugh! Definitely a sign.

Oh, and I don't know if you ever went to the lion's club yard sale in Standish, but they moved it last year and I had no idea where they went, but I found it today! It's August 13th and it's the best and cheapest sale of the year. Let me know if you want the details.

Unknown said...

Ha! Wise choice, I think!

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

What in the sam hill?! It's an omen indeed!

Pondside said...

Yikes! I'd have turned right around too (after taking a picture!...good blogger, you!)

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I'd say it's an omen! Too funny. Makes you wonder....

Courtney

moosecraft said...

lol! At first I was thinking "Wow what a wonderful place for a walk!" but then.. the bike... does it have a name tag on it that says "Blaire"? lol!

MTWaggin said...

Good to be attentive to those omens when they happen!

The Barn Door said...

Oh my!!! Wonder how in the world that got up there! I think you read the omen correctly!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I walk on a secluded bike path with my dog and my friend and her dog. Seeing that would have spooked me to no end. We have seen some unsightly characters. One time there was a man just standing in the woods. Just peering out. Can you tell I'm a bit of a chicken.

Terry and Linda said...

I think someone had a horrible day....and a horrible wreck!

Linda
http://coloradofarlife.wordpress.com

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

LOL Geeez makes you wonder what that was all about! I don't blame you for heading home after seeing that LOL! Gosh you're going to get sick of all these comments...I REALLY got behind in my reading didn't I...this is terrible. I think I'll just read and forget the comments unless I just can't help myself ;)