Thursday, November 15, 2012

BEING A GRANNY~

Being a Granny is such a rewarding role, I consider it the ultimate gift...this Thanksgiving I have much to be thankful for...this little person, Travis Lloyd... is a beaming ray of light...a grandchild unites a family by a common love, concern and well being...
Being a Granny also comes with certain unspoken privileges...for instance purchasing the "seasonal themed clothing and accessories" ... some find it tacky, but upon learning it was a gift from one's Granny, the majority of people say...well that explains it... honestly how could a true Granny pass up a sweet turkey hat...especially with Thanksgiving just around the corner...handmade by a lovely girl ...purchased from a local craft fair...ah, come on now Travis please don't pout...
where is Granny's smile?
smile honey, not scowl...
in cahoots with Grampy I see...
Fine, just remember I have elf shoes and antlers!!!!

17 comments:

annie said...

Julie, that is just too cute!
I'm surprised he was not chewing on it!

Janice said...

Oh, I love that sweet turkey hat!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Oh that is so cute!!!! I loved it,
He is such a doll! Being a Nana is so wonderful. Hugs Cheri

Kim said...

LOL. Even his pout is precious. I think his hat is darling (even if he's not sure)

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I don't think Travis likes his new Thanksgiving bonnet. He sure looks adorable in it though. One to save for the memory book.

Farm Girl said...

Well Julie I think that turkey hat is adorable. I was thinking I know some boys who need turkey hats. Yes, I come home with things and the parents say, " Where did you get that?" They just go along with me which I think is very nice. It looks like Travis and his Grandpa are pretty good friends. What sweet photos. Yes, babies do make it pretty special.
Have a lovely weekend.

Julia said...

That little Travis is so cute with that turkey hat. Precious. It looks warm enough to have his head bare.

It's cold here again after that warm weather this week
Have a great weekend.
JB

Terry and Linda said...

Oh, how darling! I just had to smile wide!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Love to buy those holidays fun things too - it is a perk for a granny!

Linda said...

He is such a precious child!

Primitive Stars said...

Evening Julie, such a sweet boy Travis is.....love the turkey hat to, he looks so adorable in it......The joys of being a Granny......so special.......Blessings Francine.

Chris said...

So sweet! I love the hat.

moosecraft said...

Oh my goodness! Sooooo cute! Thanks for the smiles!

Patty Patterson said...

If he smiled too big he might lose those gorgeous eyes! They are beautiful! And I'm glad to see that he's in cahoots with Grampy, too. He should wrap you both around those little fingers of his!

Wild Oak Designs said...

Oh, I can't wait to be a granny! Our daughter married a year and a half ago, and she said they will "start trying" after a friend gets married in May (she is the matron of honor) so we will see....
I love the turkey hat! Adorable.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Nancy
http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

abc baby said...

how stinkin adorable is he and that hat looks so precious on him ... im so glad i got to see him in it :)

Wyoming Focus said...

That has to be the cutest picture ever and oh those blue eyes. What a sweety. I just have to tell you, I love your blog. Thanks you so much for sharing you life.