Thursday, November 1, 2012

THE DAYS OF NOVEMBER~

NOVEMBER
"November comes and November goes, with the last red berries and the first white snow;
With night coming early, and dawn coming late, and ice in the bucket and frost by the gate.
The fire burns and the kettles sing, and earth sinks to rest until next spring".....~Elizabeth Coatsworth~
There was a peaceful quietness to the morning...the hum of generators now silent...the chickadee's song echoed deep within the woods...reminding me it was now time to keep  feeders topped off with seed and suet...Daylight savings time is fast approaching... I relish the thought of an extra hour of sleep however, dusk will come all too soon...November is the time to fluff our nests, a time to give thanks...and a time to surround ourselves with the people we love and who love us...November is the month for counting our blessings... My thoughts and prayers remain  with those who were touched by the destruction and devastation of hurricane Sandy...the news footage is heart wrenching...I have no words...just prayers...

11 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Julie, love your November post, that poem is so sweet........yes, Time to feather the nest, get all comfy cozy......I feel so sad for all those people affected by Sandy.......so so terrible.......prayers for those in need........Blessings Francine.

Farm Girl said...

So true, lovely words, Every time I see the pictures just like every other disaster I am always without words. I am so glad you have some kind of normal.

Julia said...

Julie, you always have such a nice way with words.
Have a peaceful November.
JB

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

Absolutely praying for those that were bruised and beaten by Hurricane Sandy.

I do love to "fluff my nest in November"! Love that Julie.. :) Your poor pumpkin looks like our poor pumpkin.

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

What a beautiful poem about November! Hopefully people will recover quickly from this dreadful hurricane!

Terry and Linda said...

Very well said!

Linda
http:coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Larkrise garden girl said...

It is so hard to believe how bad it is! It's so sad.

annie said...

love the quote.
still praying for the storm troopers, who carry on.
my step sis lives on one side of town, me on the other, she slid off her 8" snow covered ridge today to market. It was 50 degrees and mush for this river bottom girl.
different shadows of the hills..,,

Mugwump Woolies said...

Lovely post!
Robyn

jody said...

yes november already and i was feeling like your sad pumpkin picture but yes we have so much to be thankful for and my thoughts and prayers to all also effected by the storm. thankful you are all ok and that grandbabe is adorable!! enjoy your day!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

I LOVE your pumpkin picture!!!
How can it be November already? I dread the time change but nothing I can do about it...lol!
We still have areas without power and we are 500 miles from the ocean, so I can't imagine what it is like to the east. How very sad.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren