Friday, April 17, 2015

~SPRING AWAKENING~

~SPRING~
The earth is awakening...warming...the weight of winter lifting...today...a perfect day...one where you can't wait to hop in your vehicle...windows down...a favorite song plays on the radio...an oldie but goodie..."Ventura Highway" by the band "America"...I turn the volume up...  my thoughts go back in time... "American" my first concert as a teenager ...long days spent at the beach...burgers and fries at the A&W drive-in...an orange bikini...golden tan and long blonde hair...I look in my rear view mirror and here the words "HI GRANNY...I like that song"...
Hi Travis Lloyd...I do too...sigh~

10 comments:

Julia said...

You just described a perfect day.
It was lovely here too and Spring has arrived, thanks goodness and not a moment too soon...
How cute of Travis to say he love that song.

Enjoy the weekend too.
Hugs,
JB

annie said...

ah, the spring of youth!
so glad you've finally have spring!

Jacque. said...

oh, the memories...just brought it up on youtube while I am typing this. ~grin~ Travis Lloyd has great taste! So happy that Spring has reached your part of the world. xo

Kim said...

His eyes are so beautiful. He's going to break a lot of hearts someday :)

Farm Girl said...

Me too Julie, only the bikini was red in my case. Having Ventura Highway on is great. I too loved America. I love that with Travis in the backseat. How life changes! I think it is only better. :)

acorn hollow said...

It is true the years have slipped by much to fast but being a gramie is just the best.
cathy

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Julie, so happy to hear Spring has finally arrived in Maine... Loved this post as usual, made me smile. Blessings Francine.

Tante Mali said...

How wonderful!!! Never have seen those kind of daffodils before!!! Love them and your lines.
All my best and happy spring
Elisabeth

Pondside said...

I'm glad to know that spring has finally sprung in your part of the world. You had enough winter for all of us!
Travis has the most beautiful eyes!

jennifer768 said...

What a sweetheart,he is sure to break hearts someday. It feels more like Summer here today.It is 82 and I am loving it.Blessings,Jen