Saturday, July 25, 2009

VACATIONLAND

Today was a picture perfect day here in Maine. My husband and I took advantage of the weather and drove up the coast to a small town called New Harbor. It is home to Shaw's wharf where they serve local seafood. My DH had to have his clam fix and has always been pleased with the food here. I was quite happy with my Strawberry Poppy seed Salad from Panera Breads. Shaw's wharf is also the location where scene's from the movie Message In A Bottle, starring Kevin Costner and Robyn Wright Penn were filmed. The sun was shining, the fragrance of salt water in the air, scenery breath taking, all I can say, Maine The Way Life Should Be!

4 comments:

Joan said...

This scenery is so much like that which you would find in the costal parts of Cornwall, England. Shame we do not share your lovely weather though.

I'm sure that red telephone box was the one that used to be down at the bottom of our street.(smile)

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

i will never tire of new england scenes! thank you for such a wonderful photo!

Shelley said...

Looking at this beautiful view really makes me realize I need to visit the east coast soon! I've never been there - but have always wanted to visit Maine and Vermont.

Zitrone said...

What an inviting spot! I've never been to Maine or Rhode Island, but I will get there some day. The weather sounds perfect to me right now as we are expecting 100+ in the next few days. Yes, that can be Oregon! I guess our big fan will be working overtime, especially since we have a brand new puppy.