Monday, July 19, 2010

"RUBBLE KITTY"

When my brother and sister in-law purchased a second home on the Island (a "fixer upper"), I and others who shall remain nameless thought they were down right crazy. Oh what a hovel of a house it was, the former owners actually had their chickens residing inside with them (no I am not getting any ideas). The house was in pretty tough shape to say the least, however Kris and Jo had a vision. The property over looks a harbor and then the Atlantic Ocean for as far as the eye can see. The best part of their transaction was that this cat came with the house: Rubble Kitty. Rubble who came out of a hovel of a house. What a wonderful cat he was and what a wonderful life he was given. You see my brother and his wife bought a third house, this time in Florida. Another hovel, turned "Country Living" picture perfect. Rubble the Island cat adapted to Southern living and Raymond their newly adopted puppy. But age waits for no one, and last evening after a long happy life Rubble Kitty passed away at home on his bed. Rubble your family here in Maine will miss you. Kris and Jo we are thinking of you both and sending much love.

14 comments:

Finegan Antiques said...

I'm truly sorry for your loss. I believe that animals have little souls and I would like to believe he is now in a place where there is sunshine around the clock, tons of catnip and other kitties to keep him company.

Donna

Kathy in KY said...

I am sorry to hear of Rubble's passing. But I am glad he brought such joy into the lives of Kris and Jo and Raymond. Cats will do that, ya know. He is beautiful. I sorry that he has passed, but I am glad you let us all meet him thru your blog today, Miss Julie. Take care, from KY.

Eve said...

Oh goodbye sweet Rubble! I know you were loved!

Farm Girl said...

What a pretty kitty, so sad to loose a friend. From chickens to anything else, it is just hard. So sorry.
It is nice that he had a nice life with your brother and his wife.

Pondside said...

Lucky little cat to have spent his ninth life in such lovely surroundings - and lucky brother to have found him.

Rowan said...

It's always so sad to lose an animal friend but it sounds as though he had a wonderful life and his passing was gentle. I'm sure he's left all of you with very happy memories.

Gail said...

Kitty has given much to enrich this family's life and will never be forgotten. She had a long and happy life just where she was supposed to be.

Ginny said...

R.I.P. Rubble Kitty.

Rural Rambler said...

"The best part of their transaction was that this cat came with the house: Rubble Kitty." Very sweet Julie. Before I even read anymore I knew this little black and white kitteh had a wonderful life with your brother and his wife. Sorry he has gone to the Rainbow Bridge but Rubble Kitty was truly one of the lucky kitties. Respected and loved all his life with your brother's family and respected and loved at the end. All kitties should be this lucky to live their lives respected and loved and end their lives with dignity. So sorry Julie, Kris and Jo.

DayPhoto said...

Oh, What a beautiful cat! It's just so hard to lose our animals friends. They are so much a part of our everyday living.

I'm sorry.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

aspiritofsimplicity said...

It's sad when our pets leave us. It seems to me that rubble kitty must be living it up in a mansion right now though.

Farm Girl said...

Just a note, thanks for your sweet comment, with all the work we do each day to just sit and sew, I am glad you shared about wanting to hook, I keep telling myself there will be time when it gets cold.
I also wanted to say, WOW 17 years doing day care from your home. That is amazing, that is a much harder job than anything I ever did in my life. Glad you have time with your chickens now.
Have a great day,
Kim

Birgit said...

So sorry to hear of the loss of little Rubble kittie. He's a lucky cat to have had such loving parents.

Love you new wheels too! cute picture of you with your little legs sticking out the window. Maybe they'll use that in their next ad.
Hugs~ Birgit

About Me... said...

I really enjoyed your blog! I added you to my own blog's fave list. Come on over for a visit. Your barn-house is lovely.