Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"WICKED WHOOPIES"

Because you asked....

~Amy Bouchard's Wicked Whoopie Pie Recipe~



Whoopie Shells
4 heaping cups sifted flour~ I use King Arthur and yes you do need to SIFT
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup HOT water
1 cup cocoa~ I use Hershey's Dark Cocoa
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sour milk or 1 tablespoon vinegar and milk to make 1 cup
2 eggs
1 teaspoon REAL vanilla



DIRECTIONS

mix together shortening, butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Sift together dry ingredients and set aside.

Add milk, cocoa, and hot water, then add the dry ingredients. Scoop large rounded spoonfuls of batter onto a GREASED cookie sheet. Space 2 inches apart.

Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 for ten minutes.

*I would highly recommend using a small ice cream scoop for putting the batter on the cookie sheet. I cook my shells for 11 minutes and no peaking!



FILLING

6 tablespoons marshmallow fluff, 4 tablespoons REAL vanilla (THIS IS NOT A TYPO) 4 tablespoons flour, 4 tablespoons milk, 4 cups powdered sugar, 1 1/2 cups shortening. I use the Crisco sticks
Add all the ingredients in a bowl and beat till smooth.
Place a large dobble of filling between 2 shells and enjoy!

*NOTE* I am not to be held responsible for any MUFFIN TOPS that may occur!



I had the good fortune to bump into Amy Bouchard ...a very pretty gal....dressed in pink....with blond curls.... and oh so tiny.
I thanked her for sharing her grandmother's "wicked" recipe....she gave me a hug....and thanked me!



BON AMI can be found at HANNAFORD'S SUPERMARKET



ENJOY!

8 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I will be making these and spring is coming so I am not worried about muffin tops, :)

Julia said...

How come that most of the tasty food is bad for us . I wish that it was the other way around, because I have a sweet tooth and it's not fair. I put on weight fast when I indulge and my skin doesn't stretch enough so I get uncomfortable, really...

I remember that we used Bon Ami window cleaner years ago but I never seen it for a very long time. It was applied on the window leaving a white powder and it was just wiped off and the window were spotless. JB

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Love whoppie pies! They make great wedding favors also! This is my first visit and I've enjoyed it very much!

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

Oh thank goodness...I was SO hoping you'd post this. :)

Rhonda

Peacemom said...

I have a dinner party on Saturday night that we're attending. I'm in charge of dessert. Since it's a casual sort of affair, I'm going to make these scrumptios Whoopies for my offering. Thank you for posting!! Yummo, can't wait! ~Vonnie, NH

Rock River Stitches said...

Mmmmm these look yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Tammy

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I just adore your disclaimer on the muffin tops! Heeehehe!!!

These are a little different than the Woopie Pies I used to make when the kids were home.

I even shook that up a bit by makin' the centers chocolate too!

I'm addicted! :o)

God bless and enjoy your day sweetie!

Giveaway...my place!!!

Peacemom said...

Whoopie pies were a big hit at the dinner party, thanks for the recipe! They were pretty delicious! ~Vonnie, NH