Saturday, January 28, 2012

TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY

I left my apron strings idle this morning...I do have a fondness for aprons, in my small collection I have a reproduction of Tasha Tudor's apron. When I wear this apron I imagine working side by side with Tasha, not cooking, but rather outside in the yard dipping candles in the old cast iron cauldron. In my prairie apron, I am visiting the Ingalls family in Walnut Grove. My fifties apron with ruffles and tulle, I am hosting a cocktail party, serving such drinks as Martini's, Gimlets, and Manhattans. The apron with the silk screened squirrel came from Amy of Verde Farm. I picture Amy and myself out gathering eggs and offering a morning treat to her wonderful menagerie of animals. Nope, no aprons today...
For today the temperature reached forty degrees by mid morning. My chickens were begging to come out, but knowing danger was lurking...I take no chances...no, there will be no chicken dinner for Mr. Fox today...just as the days are becoming longer... egg production is increasing...
and speaking of increasing...I have no issue keeping track of my daily Weight Watcher points...this little calculator makes it quite easy to stay on track...and I have no problem drinking the 6 to 8 bottles of water...room temperature... that appears to be the key....however, the 10,000 steps...I hiked around our wooded trail not once but twice...but as you can see I did not reach my goal...tonight my pedometer reading... 6534...all I can say is... tomorrow is another day...

13 comments:

Kim said...

Keep trying. One day I hit 7200. I'm going to make it someday :)

Pamela@ The Sampler Makers Farmhouse said...

A lovely post, well written, and relaxing to read~ Thank You

Eve said...

All I have to say is.......I'm a slug.

Rugs and Pugs said...

You are trying and that's the important part! I am sure you will be successful.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Farm Girl said...

This time around I am having the hardest time hitting 10,000 steps.
I can remember the days I used to hit 20,000 and I am trying to figure out how I did that.
I have yet to break 10,000. It is a goal I have. IT is hard though.
I hope you make it, it is a great feeling of accomplishment.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

It is so hard to reach ten thousands steps. Glad your doing well with WW. Your eggs are gorgeous.I especially love he little one tucked in on the left of the carton.

nancy huggins said...

You have the right amount of will power and I am sure you will reach your goal. Is a little harder when the weather is to cold or to hot. Keep up the good work and we will be following your success (sitting in our desk chair by the computer of course) :)

annie said...

Keep trying, you Will make it!

A New England Life said...

Good for you, Julie! 6,500 steps is still good! With all the walking I do I still will rarely reach 10,000, while my husband on the other hand is usually between 12,000-15,000!!! Warm days definitely help with the steps. Keep up the good work!

I'm loving this weather : )

Debi said...

Julie, you inspire me doing all that walking with all the snow on the ground. That's pure will-power and motivation. I have one of those nifty counters and in the process of counting everything in the cabinets.Been on the buying trip with daughter, so I've had to back-up and read your older posts. I have loved your snow pictures in New England and the chicks all hunkered down. Glad to seeing their still laying. Stay strong! Deb

Julia said...

Julie, I love how you imagine life in your aprons.

I think that you should pat yourself on the back for what you did achieve and not beat yourself for what you didn't do... , 6534 steps is not exactly sedentary.

I just love your window treatment and Laura Ingall's quote. Yes, I enlarged the picture to read it.
Have a blessed weekend. JB

Janice said...

I, too, am trying to do 10,000 steps; it is hard. I really worked at it yesterday and only managed 7000. I love that picture of the lighted lamp in the window. Lovely Cozy.

Ellen said...

I'm truly impressed with your tenacity! I, like the other person who commented, am a slug too. I wish it were different, but I guess not bad enough to give up my comfy chair with my laptop on my lap blogging my little heart away. Congrats. (I think you are inspiring me anyway!)