Monday, April 23, 2012

DAFFODIL DAYS~

The sweet scent of apple blossoms fills the morning air as much needed rain begins to fall...the sound of raindrops causes one to pull the covers up tightly and to linger in bed a bit longer...Winslow Homer makes it plainly clear that it is time for my feet to hit the floor...
The rain is a welcome sight... there is an arsonist in our town. Five homes, thankfully uninhabited, have fallen victim. It is a very unsettling feeling, extra vigilance and precautions are being taken, I have come to the conclusion if this scenario can happen in this small college town it can happen anywhere...a reward has been offered... Spring days flying by...there is much to do...however, Winslow Homer and I are taking the time to smell the roses, I mean... daffodils...If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the Spring and stay that way later in the Fall. ~Nadine Stair~

11 comments:

Farm Girl said...

A lovely saying. It is so nice to walk through the grass in bare feet.
I am glad you are having some spring rain. Nothing like it I don't think.
Lovely photographs.

Primitive Stars said...

Hello,oh my, what beautiful flowers,great pictures. I can almost smell them,ahhhh. Blessings Francine.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Julie........the rain is a most welcome sight! We had a fire set about a mile from us that burned a few acres of land last Saturday.....very unsettling!!Thankfully, spring is a constant show of wonders to enjoy!I check my perennial garden every day just to marvel at the changes. Simple pleasures!
Cindy in Maine

Janice said...

A glorious homage to spring...except the part about the arsonist. I hope that ends quickly!

Rowan said...

How unnerving to have an arsonist living locally - let's hope he/she is caught quickly. As for rain - we've had so much in recent weeks that I have definitely had enough of it even though I know we need it!

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Beautiful flowers, Julie.
Happy Spring.
Janet

Eve said...

Stunning photography Julie!!!!

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

Beautiful pictures of flower faces Julie! You have flowers finally! No more snow :)

Vickie said...

Me, too, Julie - barefoot too much I'm afraid, my husband says. I tend to stay that way (at least indoors) most of the year down here in Texas. Of course, my feet look like it too! ha!

Julia said...

Hi Julie, I'm glad that you got the rain that you so much needed. We did too but the sun is shining right now.

How unsettling to have an arsonist lurking around and doing his destructive thing. I would be on edge.

Your daffodils are so lovely and those apple blossom are just food for my soul. Hard to believe that such delicate beauty can come from the bark of a tree. Nothing can compare to Mother nature.

Stay safe,

Hugs, JB

Terry and Linda said...

Why do people want to burn other people's property. I just don't get it. Or steal, or in some manner destroy.

Our apples are about done blooming. With this heat I'm sure we will have tons of fruit for me and the kids and the birds!


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com