Tuesday, May 8, 2012

RAINY DAYS~

Rain...rain is falling outside my window...rain is in the forecast for the remainder of the week...the wood stove is working over time...it's warmth keeping the damp chill of the house at bay...
I'm not fond of rainy days, my bones ache...I begin a task, lose interest and quickly move on to something else, I feel befuddled...I blame it on the rain...April showers have brought May flowers...I want to work in my garden... weeds are calling to me...my peas are lonely, waiting for their friends, lettuce and carrots to keep them company...

Winslow Homer is not a fan of rain either, in order for him to venture out...an umbrella is required...along with an enticing reward...a favorite chicken treat...the girls...my hens... do not travel far from their coop, the old adage "mad as a wet hen" is true...keeping everyone happy here at Dog Trot Farm on a rainy day is not an easy task...but then I remember the rhubard sauce and french vanilla ice cream...a smile soon spreads across my face...let the rain fall...

13 comments:

Julia said...

If it's any consolation, it's raining here too but I'm glad that I got the time to take my laundry off the line before it started raining and the cloths were dry.

Missed your post yesterday but I love rhubarb in many ways too. My favourite is Rhubarb Custard Meringue Desert.

I'm going to bed early so I can catch up on my sleep. Hugs. Jb

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

It's raining in MA too! Like you, my bones are aching too! On that note, I'm headed to bed! LOL!!!

acorn hollow said...

I hope this is not a peek of things to come this summer.
Cathy

Holly Hills Primitives said...

That rhubarb sauce sounds delish, can't wait to try it. We've been freezing our rhubarb and had a great pie last night. YUM! We are having rain off and on this week too. Have a great week, Dawn

Pondside said...

There's no rain here, for a change. We have had our share, although it appears that none of it stayed long in our garden beds and we are already watering heavily.

Primitive Stars said...

Hello, I`ll sit with you and share a bowl of rhubarb sauce and ice cream,mmmmmm. Stay dry and cozy by the fire, Blessings Francine.

Farm Girl said...

It would be nice I think to get to stay inside but we are finished with rain now until November. You are right about the weeds. I can stay caught up pretty well but if rain came, I would get behind again.
I hope you get to do some sewing project.
Everything looks so pretty though.

Emily said...

Sorry about your aching bones. I always like a rainy day here or there to curl up with a book, however, too many in a row can wear a person down. Hope you see sunny skies soon!

Janice said...

May the sun shine soon! Rhubarb sauce and ice cream...yum.

dr momi said...

I think rhubarb sauce and ice cream could cure anything!

Vera said...

Reading your words made me feel so much better....we have had lots of rain here in SW France this spring, and I have felt exactly like you have.....should be catching up with doing things indoors but end up listless, bored, and without any energy at all. Nice to know someone else feels the same.Love your blog and will visit again. x

Rowan said...

Same thing here - I managed a couple of hours in the garden yesterday but overnight there's been a deluge and the stepping stones over Blackadyke are under water again. Looking at the forecast there's no end in sight either......

Eve said...

Sorry the rain continues Julie. I'll go hug my peas for ya.