Thursday, October 11, 2012

MONSTER COOKIES~

MONSTER COOKIES
For those of you who requested my MONSTER COOKIE recipe here it is...

4 cups all purpose flour (I use KING ARTHUR)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 sticks BUTTER softened
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
2 Large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract, NOT imitation
1 cup  TOLL HOUSE milk chocolate morsels
1 cup  TOLL HOUSE semi sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup  TOLL HOUSE dark chocolate morsels
1 package REECE'S mini pieces ( I found the mini REECE'S Halloween colored pieces at Target)

preheat oven to 375*

Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugars till creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop dough by level 1/4 cup measure 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.  Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown... (I routinely use either tin foil or parchment paper on my cookie sheets. I bake my cookies at 350* for exactly 13 minutes.)  This I find works best for me, my oven is electric. Your cookies will be chewy on the inside and lightly crispy on the outside. I promise they will not last long! ENJOY!

16 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I will be making these cookies. I love making giant cookies and I love all of the wonderful goodies you have in them. They do look like giant Halloween cookies with all of those colors. Thanks for the recipe!

Julia said...

If your eye causes you to sin, better pluck it out....
I think that I better pluck my eyes out because those cookies could cause me to sin big time. They look too tempting and I can feel the sugar rush already.

They are big but I don't think that I could stop at just one...
JB

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Yippee!!! Thank you. I will be making these for sure. My family will gobble them up.

Freckled Hen said...

Yum! Thanks for posting the recipe, I thought of them several times since your last post!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

OMG, these look amazing! I did chuckle over your Target comment!

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Janice, yummy in my tummy...... thanks for sharing, Hugs Francine.

annie said...

you just had to? teasing, know what I want now!!! looks so good!

nancy huggins said...

Now that sounds like a cookie I would truly enjoy. I love chocolate and love huge cookies. Thanks for sharing :)

theblackegg said...

May I please post this recipe on my blog, because I must say those cookies DO look absolutely MONSTROUS!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Oh my these look so yummy!
Robyn

Cammie said...

These look like they could be dangerous!! I will have to put them in my must make pile of recipes! Thanks for sharing!
Cammie

Janice said...

So delicious looking! Yum.

Vera said...

Wow, lovely cookies. Will save the recipe for future use.

Peacemom said...

Merci Beaucoup! They are on the schedule for the boys "Autumn Harvest Party" at school...not allowed to have Halloween parties anymore...oh brother. Anyways these will be a festive addition! Thank you! ~Vonnie

Pondside said...

Those look just right for this time of year!
I've just been catching up on blogs. I'm sorry to read about your family's loss. This beautiful time of year has its poignancy, doesn't it?

Terry and Linda said...

That tree is OUTSTANDING! And the rain through your window looks a bite cold but lovely.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com